VALID WARRANTY CLAIMS
- a) Items that have not been physically damaged.
- b) Items that have not been tampered with.
- c) Items that have been returned for repair within 1year from purchase date (together with ACDC Invoice attached).
- d) Items must have been used for the correct application.
- e) Items must have been used within the rated specifications.
If the warranty claim is due to material defects or workmanship there will be no repair cost.
- 1) The unit must not have been opened or otherwise tampered with. If the enclosure of any unit has been opened at all, the warranty will be null and void.
- 2) The warranty does not cover damage resulting from physical damage (dropping or mishandling the items), excessive input voltages, lightning, power surges or water ingress (where applicable).
Above points will be applied at the sole discretion of ACDC Dynamics.
NON VALID WARRANTY CLAIMS
- a) Items have been physically damaged.
- b) Items have been tampered with.
- c) Items returned outside of 1year from ACDC invoice date, unless otherwise stated.
- d) Items were used for the incorrect application.
- e) Items were used outside of rated specifications
- f) Items were blown because of external factors such as over-voltage, under-voltage, voltage surge, or water/ liquid intrusion (where applicable).
- g) Items have been used in areas that they are not designed for.
REPAIRS RETURN PROCEDURE
- a) ACDC Dynamics has a Carry-In Warranty Policy.
- b) All items are to be accompanied by an ACDC Dynamics invoice.
- c) Items are to be brought to an ACDC Dynamics repairs counter (no return number necessary) where it will booked into repairs department (loaded onto the system per item).
- d) Items will be allocated to a technician for assessment , where it will be determined if the warranty claim is valid or not.
- e) If the technician finds that the claim is not valid, it is brought to management's attention and a final decision on the validity of the warranty claim is made.
- f) If the warranty claim is valid, the warranty claim is processed via ACDC internal process and the item will either be repaired or replaced under warranty. In this case the item will be returned to the customer along with a zero value invoice.
- g) If the warranty claim is found to be invalid, the customer can request a quote to repair the item. please note that depending on the nature of the work that has to be done to strip the unit (at discretion of ACDC Dynamics),the repair will be subject to a minimum charge of R350.00, regardless of whether the accept or reject the quote to repair the unit. This charge will be brought up before we quote to repair the unit, and no quote can be provided, unless the charge is accepted. Should the customer accept the quote to repair the unit, a PO must be submitted before a repair will commence. Should the customer not accept the quote or supply a PO within 7 working days the item will be returned unrepaired.
- h) In the case of an unrepaired item, the item will be returned to the customer together with a zero value invoice.
- i) In the case of an accepted quote to repair an item, the repaired item will be returned to the customer with an invoice reflecting the charge for the repair.
ACDC Repair Department has a 7 working day turnaround target for all repairs unless
- a) Spares are not available immediately
- b) Stock is not available immediately
- c) Work involved takes more than 5 days
- d) Stock has to be returned to local suppliers for assessment I warranty claims
- e) Repair or claim has to be cleared with senior management and supplier first
- a) Items cannot be returned for credit via repairs department. All items brought to repairs department will be processed and returned to the customer together with a report of the results. The customer will then have to follow the correct returns procedures, through the returns department, if they would like to request a credit for the items.
- b) ACDC Dynamics repair staff are not allowed to contact 3rd party customers.
- c) The repairs department is not allowed to accept any goods that are not ACDC Dynamics products.